Thursday, July 28, 2011

Some people walk dogs. I walk my cat.

So here's the thing. I have a crazy cat. Her name is Vixen. She's three years old, and INSANE. I swear she has a hidden stash of energy drinks somewhere... Or maybe there's sugar stuffed in her scratching post... Who knows. 
Here she is sticking her head out of a cement block:


Pretty sure she was attacking my camera strap.

So sassy.



Anyway, being the dog trainer that I am, I decided to burn through some of her energy, and got her a cute little pink harness and leash combo. She absolutely loves it. Now don't get me wrong, she freaked out the first time I put it on her, and then tonight. Ohhh, tonight was hilarious. I wish that A) my camera wasn't dead and B) I had an amazingly hilarious video to make millions of dollars show to you. I took my little feline friend out tonight, and she got pretty bold and decided to start walking me (yeah, that's how it works) down the street. She had her fluffy little chest puffed out nice and proud, and I could almost hear her thinking "Look at me world! I'm three whole houses away! Mwahaha!". 
And then it happened.
The world started to laugh back as a huge white BEAST came barreling towards us. 
The neighbors (in their minivan) came home and pulled into the garage.

She totally freaked.
And I mean puffy tail, running around in circles, growling, and jumping six feet in the air freaking out.
She started to sprint back to the safety of home, obviously forgetting that she was tethered to me. So each time she would reach the end of that four foot rope and it would tug, she would jump another six feet in the air and start running in circles again. 

I finally caught up to her and picked her up, but I was laughing hysterically. As were the other five people that picked that moment to drive by.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my cat, and I don't like to see any animal in stress. But if you knew MY cat, and you had seen her tonight, I'm pretty sure you would have laughed too. Anyway, she got over in by promptly jumping in every box she could find, and after a few minutes of "chase the feather", she forgave me too. We'll see if she ventures past the yard tomorrow. ;)

Goodnight lovelies! And in the meantime, here is a comic about cat-walking.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment