Saturday, July 23, 2011

Creative Block.

Hit me like a ton of bricks this week.
Why is it that when I finally get three days off work, that I all of a sudden can't make anything?! Not fair.  And my sewing machine is plotting against me. I decided one morning "enough is enough! I need a sewing machine." So I went to GoodWill and (miraculously!) found a beat up machine from the early 80's. I cleaned it up, downloaded the manual, and got to work! Things were great for great for a couple weeks until it decided to show me why its last owners had given it the boot.  The Beast (as I have affectionately named him) breaks in some fashion every, ohhhh I'd say, 3 stitches? Nothing worse then trying to sew a straight line in two pieces of thin cotton and thinking that hand-sewing would be a better option. Time to add a Singer to my list of things to save up more! Looks like I'm gonna need to put some more hours into the good ol' Hob Lob. 
In the mean time, here's a puppy in a tortilla:  

*LOVE* <3

No comments:

Post a Comment